Tuesday, March 05, 2013

New Releases On Blu Ray & DVD: 3/5/13



The big new releases on Blu ray and DVD deal with video games and Nazis: WRECK-IT RALPH and the 20th Anniversary Limited Edition of SCHINDLER'S LIST.

WRECK-IT RALPH, which I preferred to the Best Animated Picture winner BRAVE, comes with a bunch of tasty special features including the featurettes “Bit By Bit: Creating The Worlds Of WRECK-IT RALPH” and “Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide To WRECK-IT RALPH” (hosted By Chris Hardwick), deleted & alternate scenes, the Oscar winning short film PAPERMAN, and video game commercials for Fix-It Felix Jr., Hero’s Duty And Sugar Rush. Be sure to read my review from when the film hit theaters last year here.

The new Blu ray edition of Steven Spielberg’s Oscar winning black and white epic SCHINDLER’S LIST doesn’t have any new extras on it, but I hear the transfer is stunning. Doubt I’ll get around to watching it anytime soon though.

The other notable films out today are Barry Levinson’s largely ignored horror film THE BAY (only on DVD), the RED DAWN remake that I haven't seen because I wasn’t a fan of the original, and the Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano’s acclaimed French comedy THE INTOUCHABLES, which is in my Netflix queue.

More later...

1 comment:

Neosolid22 said...

I could never watch Schindler's List again. My DVD copy has been watched once, the first time I saw the movie. It is a masterpiece but not something I want to sit through again, it is too tough. Spielberg at the top of his game to be certain.