Friday, February 09, 2024

Movie Of The Week: I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND

This weeks film celebrates a major historic occasion:

Movie of the Week: Since today is the 60th Anniversary of the Beatles’ world changing appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, I thought I’d highlight Robert Zemeckis’ first film, I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND (1978), about a group of New Jersey teens who amusingly attempt to crash the Fab Four’s historic American debut in NYC. Nancy Allen (who I had a big crush on way back then), as the fangirl who actually gets into the Beatles’ hotel room, heads the cast that has many familiar faces, but no stars, and that’s part of its charm. With its period piece parody, smartly zany screenplay by Zemeckis, and Bob Gale plus the presence of Marc McClure and Wendie Jo Sperber; herein lies the roots of BACK TO THE FUTURE.

More later...

No comments: