Thursday, June 08, 2023

The Rialto Is Coming Back And So Is Film Babble Blog

I don't know who Andrew is - this was just the Rialto's marquee yesterday.

After a hiatus that I thought might be much longer, Film Babble Blog is back with some great news. The Rialto Theatre in Raleigh, N.C., is re-opening. I have a personal history with the venue as I worked there from the early 2010’s until it closed last August (I worked the final ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW night, and it was a blast), so I’m elated that it will again be screening movies for local audiences thanks to an investment group, headed by Hayes Permar.

Read Ral today’s write-up about the news:

 

Rialto Theatre to reopen under new ownership

And here (again) is my video from when the Rialto closed last year:


So like the article says, there’s no word on when the Rialto will re-open, and again serve the community with cinema (and live music – something it hasn’t done in decades), but I’ll keep you posted. I’m thinking of re-applying for my ole usher job – for just a couple of shifts a week maybe. I’m thinking that might help re-ignite my love of movies, and seeing them on the big screen again. 

 

My movie-loving mojo has been lacking lately, and that might be exactly what I need.


Also, no word whether THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW is also coming back.


More later...

No comments: