Friday, February 07, 2020

Hey Kids! Funtime 2020 Oscar® Predictions!


Here we go again - and much earlier this time as the 92nd Academy Awards is taking place the earliest in the year that the ceremony has ever been held. On February 9, a show with no hosts will give out gold statues to mostly white folks, and celebrate 2019s most profitable, I mean memorable cinematic works. 

So below are my predictions. I went back and forth as to whether PARASITE or 1917 would win the big awards (Best Picture, Best Director), but I went with 1917 as it seems it's right in the Academy voters wheelhouse - according to past years. Now take these guesses with a grain of salt as last year I had my worst score ever (13 out of 24), but I have some good years too (my best was 21 out of 24).

Anyway, here they are:


1.BEST PICTURE: 1917

2. BEST DIRECTOR: 
Sam Mendes

3. BEST ACTOR: Joaquin Phoenix (JOKER)

4. BEST ACTRESS: 
Renée Zelleweger (JUDY)

5. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Brad Pitt (ONCE UPON ATIME IN HOLLYWOOD)
 
6. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Laura Dern (MARRIAGE STORY)

7. PRODUCTION DESIGN
Barbara Ling, Nancy Haigh (ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD)

8. CINEMATOGRAPHY: Roger Deakins (1917)


9. COSTUME DESIGN: Jacqueline Durran (LITTLE WOMEN)
 
10. DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: AMERICAN FACTORY

11. DOCUMENTARY SHORT:  LEARNING TO SKATEBOARD IN A WARZONE (IF YOU’RE A GIRL)

12. FILM EDITING: FORD V FERRARI

13. MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING: BOMBSHELL 
 
14. VISUAL EFFECTS: 1917

15. ORIGINAL SCORE: 
Thomas Newman (1917)

16. ORIGINAL SONG: “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” (ROCKETMAN) 

17. ANIMATED SHORT: KITBULL

18. LIVE ACTION SHORT: BROTHERHOOD

19. SOUND EDITING: 1917

20. SOUND MIXING: 1917

 21. ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:  Bong Joon Ho, Han Jin Won (PARASITE)

22. ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Taika Waititi (JOJO RABBIT)

23. ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: TOY STORY 4

24. BEST INTERNATIONAL (No longer FOREIGN) FILM: PARASITE


As I always say, tune in Monday to see how many I got wrong.

More later...

No comments: