Thursday, February 21, 2019

Film Babble Blog's Top 10 Movies of 2018 Part 1

I’ve been a pretty bad Film Babble Blogger lately. Because of life shake-ups, and personal shit, I haven’t posted much over the last year. While I still saw a lot of movies, I felt less and less compelled to write about them, and some months went by with only one or two reviews.

But I’m trying to get back on track so here’s my Top 10 Movies of 2018 just a few days before the Oscars. Better late than never, huh?

No blurbs for each film (I’m not completely on track yet), but key quotes from each are included. Clicking on some of (not many) the titles link back to my reviews (otherwise they link to the films' IMDb page).

10. IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK (Dir. Barry Jenkins)


Clementine “Tish” Rivers (KiKi Layne): “I hope that nobody has ever had to look at anybody they love through glass”

9. THE SISTERS BROTHERS (Dir. Jacques Audiard)


Eli Sisters (John C. Reilly): Charlie, when you kill a man, you end up with his father or his friends on your tail. It usually ends badly.

8. A STAR IS BORN (Dir. Bradley Cooper)


Ally (Lady Gaga): [singing] Tell me something, boy. Aren't you tired trying to fill that void? Or do you need more? Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?

7. PUZZLE (Dir. Marc Turtletaub)


Agnes (Kelly Macdonald)I guess we'll just have to pack our sins into neat monthly portions.

6. FIRST MAN (Damien Chazelle)


Neil Armstrong (Ryan Gosling): “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” (How could I not use this quote?)

So that’s 10-6 of my favorite films. See 5-1 at Part 2, coming soon.

More later...

No comments: