Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Seasons Greetings And Coming Attractions

Happy New Year from Film Babble Blog!

Ah, that's the stuff - pictured above is my favorite New Year's celebration movie scene of all time. 

From THE GODFATHER: PART II it shows Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), having just found out that his brother Fredo (John Cazale) betrayed him, gives him the kiss of death and tells him: "I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!" What a way to enter in the New Year! I just wanted to make a brief post to wish everyone a good 2008 and to plug some upcoming Film Babble. Coming soon: 

ATONEMENT (Dir. Joe Wright): This film opens Friday at my hometown theatre and I've been plowing through the so far excellent Ian McEwan novel so expect a review very shortly. 

BEOWULF (Dir. Robert Zemeckis) I'm heading to the Imax Theatre in Raleigh tomorrow to see this ginormous 3-D retelling of the ancient Anglo Saxon epic poem that I was not a fan of back in high school English Literature class. I'll tell you know how it goes. 

The Top Ten Movies Of 2007 - 2007 ended so why not make a list now? 

Well, you see, some major 2007 releases haven't made their way to my area (particularly THERE WILL BE BLOOD which won't be released here until Jan. 18th) so I will refrain from compiling a list until I'm allowed to catch up. Stay tuned because this being the best year for film in recent memory the list is sure to be a doozy! 

More later...

No comments: